Friday 19 April 2013

And we won't run.

I'm a sucker for buying new clothes.To be fair most of my shopping takes place in stores such as Primark and H&M so they hardly break the bank but add a few trips to these places up and you've got problems. I'm currently starting a self imposed clothing and make up shopping ban, so will have to rediscover little gems that I already have lying in my wardrobe.

One of these items that I'm sure will get some love is this top.
I'm sure to most of you this will look like an average black top with flowers on, nothing exciting to see here. Well this is exactly what I thought when I bought it 5 years ago from none other than Tesco. I remember paying £10 for it which at the time I thought was a lot (I was getting £30 EMA a week, ah the good days) If I was an annoying fashion blogger and spoke of items in cost per wear this would be down to less than pence. I've worn it casually with leggings, with awful baggy jeans back in college, on nights out tucked into skirts,  and even to an interview. This top is so versatile and I love it. My sister on the other hand hates it and probably, given the chance, would make it disappear forever. 5 years on and it's still going strong. I love you little top and have enjoyed the time we have spent together, I'm sure we'll go on more adventures soon.
(worn in Kenya last year, night out second year at uni, playing a game of spots in Cornwall and on another night out when I was a fresh faced 18 year old)

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets unreasonably attached to clothes. Sometimes the cheapest items are the ones that last forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment