Sunday 24 March 2013

I hear you calling in the dead of night.

On Tuesday me and my sister went to Sheffield for a little overnight stay. Whilst we were there we went to see Bastille at a really small gig. It was only £10 for the ticket and it was such a great show. Their original songs sounded just as good live, as they do on the album. The cover songs they did were also a big hit, my personal favourite being City High's What Would You Do, but their medley of the 90s classic Rhythm of the Night was also really good. The crowd was great and the whole gig had a nice atmosphere. Even the support acts were quite good and it just felt great to be hearing live music again since I've not been to a concert since last summer. If you get the chance to see Bastille I'd definitely recommend them and I think they're going to be big this year.

Both photos taken at the gig.
Me and my sister before the show. Breakfast on the train home. Sad to be leaving Sheffield.

It was also really nice to be back in Sheffield, even if only for the night. Having spent 3 years at Uni there the city feels like a second home and visiting made me realise how much I miss living there. I wish I could have stayed for a little while longer but it was a really nice night overall.




No comments:

Post a Comment