Sunday 23 June 2013

Magic in the night

In my last post I shared some of my favourite songs of all time. An artist that appeared twice in the list, but could have easily made up the whole list, was Bruce Springsteen. Sure some may know him for his 80s tunes and anthemic Born in the USA, but to me Bruce is so much more. His music is the soundtrack to my childhood. From summer bbqs to Christmas evenings his music would always be played. Over time I began to love his lyrics and songs myself and now his tunes are some of the most played on my ipod. I went to see him perform this time last year with 8 members of my family (aged between 8 and 50) and it was such a great experience. Last Thursday I was lucky enough to see him live again.
This time only me and my Dad went and it was such a good day. We started to queue up around 2 ish and spent a couple of hours in the queue chatting, laughing and playing logo quiz. Around 3 ish the heavens opened and there were waterproof ponchos everywhere to be seen. A little bit of rain didn't put us off which was a good job because it didn't really stop until the show started at around half 7.
All of my photos from the show are pretty blurry and rubbish but I don't care. I was more interested in watching the performance of Bruce and the E Street band than taking pictures. They played some of my favourite songs and took requests from the audience. It was such a great show and the atmosphere was amazing, possibly even better than in Manchester the year before. In my opinion it's the best show I've ever been to. Nothing much beats shouting out lyrics to your favourite songs next to your Dad and around 40,000 other fans for just over 3 hours. My favourite lyrics "show a little faith, there's magic in the night" couldn't have been more true, that night was definitely magical. Any other fans of the Boss out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment