Wednesday 17 July 2013

Mundane Midweek

I love Charlotte's blog, not only because she has a great name but also because she advocates writing about the dull days in your week as well as the fun things. Here's how I spent my mundane midweek.

This Wednesday I was at work, which seems to be a regular accurence for me. Before work I had a cup of tea and some cereal, the healthier choice when I really wanted to have one of the homemade cakes me and my sister made the other day. I slapped on some make up, but not too much because I knew by the end of the day it would be melting off my face.

Upon getting to work I had to deal with delivery. It's not the most exciting task but it made the morning go quicker. I had my break where I ate a gregg's sandwich and managed to get egg on my clothes. I read some of Gone Girl which I hope gets better because two chapters in it isn't wowing me. I also ate a cake that I brought with me and it was delish.

After my break I was put onto Menswear for a while because they had someone off sick. In a department store you become accustomed to your own stock and customers so moving to a different area really does throw you off. My recent chats with customers have mostly involved matching a handbag to some shoes for a wedding/races/summer occasion. Today I had to make conversation about polo tshirts, it felt like another world but somehow I survived.

Later on in the day I was back to handbags and it was promotion time. This basically means that the offers that are currently on get changed. Everything has to have a new sale tag, sticker and had to be marked down in red pen. Sure it's not rocket science but in this warm weather, in a store with no air con, it sure does tire you out. I was very thankful for my second break where I drank a load of water and ate a jam donut. I should probably seek help about my 'donut a day' addiction that I seem to have going on at the minute.

Finished off a tiring day with chicken and salad pittas for tea and the Apprentice final. I won't say who won but I was kinda disappointed I wanted the other girl to get it I think. Wow writing this out made me realise I moan a lot but it was weirdly theraputic. If you want to check out how other people have spent their day then have a looky here.

2 comments:

  1. A department store with no air conditioning? Ick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it can be a bit gross, doesn't help when customers constantly say "ooh isn't it warm in here"
      -x-

      Delete