Saturday 27 July 2013

Ultimate Driving Songs

So I can't drive. I'm currently having lessons but roundabouts are still my nemesis. But when I saw that the lovely people of money supermarket were holding a competition where you discuss your favourite driving playlist I thought I'd get involved. Instead of listing my current favourite tunes I decided I'd compile a list of songs that I can remember listening to in the car at different times of my life.


(me and the sister, Florida 2010)

First up it's got to be Wayne Wonder- No Letting Go. I may have mentioned before that I love a bit of cheesy r'n'b. For some reason when I went to France with my family and best friend in around 2004 we listened to this in the car everywhere we went. We also tried to clap along. I bet my Mum and stepdad loved that holiday!

One of my playlists wouldn't be complete without a bit of Oasis. For this particular one I've gone for She's Electric because I have good memories of this being blasted out in my Dad's car in the 90s when he took us to his house.

I left school in 2007 and that year Umbrella - Rihanna was a big hit. On one particular occasion I remember going on a school trip to Alton Towers and the majority of the bus joining in in a singalong of this song. Definitely a good one if it's a rainy day when you're on the road.

The next one is mighty random. But stick with me, I have my reasons. The Wild Rover - Dublineers. Again a song we used to listen to in my Dad's car. For some reason I vividly remember singing this with my Dad, sister and stepmum in a round. Meaning that one of us would start singing and as they got through a line of the song the other one would start and so on. We'd inevitably end up confused and laughing as we all merged our singing into a mess of tunes. 

Finally I thought I'd include a cheery one that reminds me of a trip to Florida and driving to and from the theme parks. Hey Soul Sister - Train was played every single day on the radio station we listened to in the car and was a perfect song to go with an exciting family holiday.

If any one reads this I am sure they will think myself and my family are slightly mental but that's all part of the fun. If you'd like to enter you can find the rules of the competition here. I think music always adds to memories and it's great to know that a certain song can take you back to a specific place. Even if that place is just driving around your local town with Oasis blasting out.

1 comment:

  1. I can remembern when rihannas umbrella was released haha it was everywhere :) love your other choices too
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete