Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Nice Things: Summer

So I've been away from these parts for a while. I've been quite busy recently but the main reason for my absence was that my laptop decided it was going to break. It was overheating and turning itself off after about 20 minutes of use. It is now fixed (it had a chunk of plastic stuck in the fan so it wouldn't work) and I'm back. I missed writing my 'nice things' for July so thought I'd combine them with August and make a Summer post. August has probably been my favourite month so far which is strange for me because I'm not usually a fan of the Summer months.1. We actually had some sunshine this year in England. Shock horror! I made the most of it by sitting in the garden with cider and my kindle. 2. My Mum's birthday is in August, we went out for an Indian which was lovely and I wore my new Primark dress. 3. and 4. One of my friends from school got married. It was a lovely day and meant I got to see some of my favourite people. We don't all get together too often so it made for a nice change. There was also pick and mix at the wedding which went very well with my peach schnapps and lemonade.

5. I was somehow really lucky and won a Model's Own giveaway on Twitter. 6. and 7. I had a week off work and went away for a few days in the countryside near York with my Dad, Stepmum and little bro. It was nice to relax and spend time with them. We went to Lightwater Valley and the York Dungeons (where Ellis was terrified, would not recommend to easily scared children) 8. At the end of my week off I went to see my best friend in Leeds again. We were meant to be going on a night out but changed our mind in favour of X Factor and Dominos. We also went shopping and got cupcakes.

Now I've written it all out it does seem like I've done quite a bit recently. I can't believe how fast this year is going. I'm now back at work and I'm sure it will be my birthday and then Christmas before I know it. How have you spent your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment